Image source Men’s Health
- Relationships can be difficult to maintain, and with the current global pandemic, it’s becoming even more of a challenge.
- Date nights aren’t just for new couples. It’s for everyone as it keeps a relationship interesting and helps to create a healthy bond.
- Just because we’re all cooped up at home, doesn’t mean things between you two can’t be interesting.
- 5 at-home date ideas that will reignite the spark between you and your partner.
To be in love is a beautiful thing but to stay in love is the real challenge. And we’re firm believers of a date night a week keeps the argument at bay.
Take it this way. Remember how we grew up with the saying “an apple a day keeps a doctor away”? – the same concept applies to your dating life.
Yes ladies, go ahead… take a screenshot and send that to your boo. We got you!
But seriously, in a year as overwhelming and unpredictable as this one, it’s critical to identify pleasant, intimate, and romantic time with your partners. And just because you and your partner are currently cooped up at home does not mean that date night is off the table!
Hence as we abide by the current COVID-19 restrictions, here are 5 at-home date ideas that trump going out.
1. Brunch in bed
Image source Delicious
Breakfast in bed is nice, but wouldn’t a terrific date allow you to sleep in? So forget about setting the alarm, sleep a little longer and enjoy the extra zzz’s. When you’re ready, surprise your babe with a short stack, a pot of hot coffee, and some freshly squeezed juice of their own liking, all while they are still in their PJs!
Oh, nothing screams “I love you” louder than serving your partner some good homemade meal. Because no matter what a person’s love language is, food has proven to be the way to someone’s heart.
2. Double bubble
Image source Stocksy
One of the sweetest gestures known to mankind is drawing a bubble bath for your significant other. Make it a bubble bath for two if you want to get a little more romantic. Light some candles, put on some music, and if you want to enjoy a double bubble, bring in some champagne. Above all, simply unwind.
Moreover, a luxurious soak in a bubbly tub is also an excellent prelude to a romantic interlude.
Follow these 3 steps to the perfect bubble bath to create a unique experience that will engage all of your senses, increase your enjoyment, and set the desired mood, whether it is relaxation or romance.
- Bubbles: The importance of fragrance and fluff cannot be overstated. While we wish we could recommend Johnson’s baby bath, this is a bath for adults, so we’ll treat it as such and recommend L’Occitane Relaxing & Foaming Lavender Bubble Bath or Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath, Soothe & Sleep with Lavender for the ultimate bubbles.
- Ambience: Undoubtedly, candles are required, but here is a list of songs that are appropriate for the occasion.
- Beverage: Serving drinks in the bath is a great way to stay hydrated while also adding to the romance of your date night. It doesn’t have to be alcohol, but if your choice of beverage is alcohol, try to drink it sparingly to avoid dehydration as you bathe.
3. Ready, set, write
Image source On My Canvas
We tend to forget the tiniest most important details about our love stories. Why not pen them down together with your partner. Take your time to create a story about how you met and fell in love. Even better, videotape it! Your children and future generations will be grateful, and it will be fun to read or watch years later.
Trust us. You’ll thank yourself later for doing so. It’s incredible how much you’ll forget.
4. Camp in your living room
Image source Huffpost
Reconnect with each other by unplugging for the night and take refuge inside the fort and forget about all of your problems!
You might think this is a bit… silly, but adults need to remember to let out their inner child from time to time. Make the inside of your tent/fort super cosy with blankets and pillows, add some twinkly lights for a serious mood booster, and let your inner 12-year-old have the experience of a lifetime.
5. Kama Sutra challenge
Image source Women’s Health
Although some people believe that complicated pretzel-like positions are the secret to amazing sex, most people avoid intimidating positions in the bedroom. Since sex is ultimately about love and intimacy, and while sex positions are enjoyable, the real pay-off is being able to be relaxed and completely connected with your partner.
So, pick an exciting position you’ve not attempted before – the more advanced, the better, and dive in!
Check out this article from Cosmopolitan if you’re not sure of where to begin.
Now that you have 5 fresh, affordable, and memorable ideas for your next at-home date night, we just have one more question… What are you waiting for? Hit up your boo and set a date with them. We’ll be waiting.